5th Grade Reading Bloggers Assignment
Students are required to post on this page two times per quarter. This will count towards the "literary text" grade on your report card.
After you finish reading a "just right" book of your choice and fill out a retelling, please post a review of the book here for your friends to read. You can do this at home, or at school during reading workshop.
- One post must be a review of a book they read themselves
- Second post can be either a comment on a post by a peer or a second review.
Please include the following in your book review:1. Title, Author & Genre
2. Then, write a few sentences based on the "somebody, wanted, but" structureSomebody is the main character (or characters)
Wanted would describe what the character is trying to achieve
But would describe the obstacles or problem in the story
3. How many stars would you give this book? 1-5
1 star being a low score and 5 stars being a high score.
4. Help your friends know where to locate the book incase they want to read it.
Places they might find it:
The school library
Our classroom library
Mrs. Drew's reading room
I posted an example of a review about Fame, Fortune and the Bran Muffins of Doom.